Oráculo de musiquini (again): Cat Power-The Greatest

Outro álbum brilhante. Outro single viciante (carregar aqui para ouvir).
Chan Marshall ou Cat Power, não interessa. Doçura na voz. Melodias para fins de tarde preguiçosos e metidabundos. Pianadas de pop alternativo.
(Até lhe desculpo, com a GRANDEZA deste álbum, o atentado que fez com a Karen Elson à música do Serge Gainsbourg - o "Je t'aime... moi non plus"... Desde quando é que o encanto, chique e kinky, dos loucos anos 60's, do "Tu vas, tu vas et tu viens/Entre mes reins/Tu vas et tu viens/Entre mes reins" é minimamente sentido em "You come and you go, between me, you come and you go, between me"? And... excuse me... mas girl-with-girl é demasiado à frente. A música já é suficientemente provocatória. Hum...? Hum! Hum! Não era prexijo!)

Once I wanted to be the greatest
No wind or waterfall could stop me
And then came the rush of the flood
The stars at night turned you to dust
Melt me down
To big black armour
Leave no trace
Of grace
Just in your honor
Lower me down
That corporate slob
Make a watch
For a space in town
For the lack of the dreds
Of my bed I've been sleeping
Lower me down
Pin me in
Secure the grounds
For the later parade
Once I wanted to be the greatest
Two faced, sad little rock
When things I couldn't explain
Any feelings
Lower me down
Pin me in
Secure the grounds
For the lack of the drugs
My faith had been sleeping
For the later parade
Once I wanted to be the greatest
No wind or water fall could stop me
And then came the rush of the flood
The stars at night turned you to dust




1 comentário:
Lá vai mais um para a colecção!
Enviar um comentário